Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Monday, 31 July 2017

Holidays!

Summertime, and the living is easy...


A photo heavy post today, as I can't bear to leave any of these beautiful reminders of our holiday, out!


We took the long drive down to Valentia Island, Co. Kerry a fortnight ago and stayed a week in the daintiest and dinkiest cottage I have ever seen. All white walls, with accent walls, old wooden floorboards, bright pops of colour in the soft furnishings and lots of mismatched crockery. It was perfect. 


We spent the week, eating every type of local ice cream we could get our sticky hands on, and travelling around the Ring of Kerry at our leisure. We picnicked for lunch and came home tired and hungry for dinner.


We saw Kerry's Most Spectacular Cliffs (so named on the road sign! They didn't disappoint, even though I thought it was a bold claim), Dunquin Pier, Waterville, Sneem, Dingle, Kells Bay, Glenbeigh, Rossbeigh Beach, Inch Strand, Killarney, Ladies View, Muckross House, Kenmare, Cahersiveen, and Skellig Chocolate Factory to name a few highlights!


We were extremely lucky to get some of the finest weather we have ever seen in July, each day was warm and sunny and it was only the last two days that were marred by rain, though we managed to side step most of it and arrange indoor activities those days.


I love the sea, and with the good weather, the Atlantic looked almost girlish and flirty. All turquoise and seafoam and prettiness. None of the navy broodiness I'm use to!


Everywhere we went, there were stunning views, my camera came home laden with happy reminders.


Overlooking Ladies View, Killarney. It was named after Queen Victoria's Ladies in waiting, as they were very taken with the vista as they visited Muckross House in 1861. 


Rossbeigh Beach, one of the best blue flag beaches in the country.


So many pretty sunsets to photograph.


Ripples in Rossbeigh.


And also plenty of jellyfish, unfortunately.


There really is nothing better on earth, than this country in a bit of sun!


The green stone was everywhere, and such a gorgeous hue.


On Valentia, looking across to Beginish Island.


Waves, I could sit listening and watching them ALL DAY!


My knitting project for the week, I started Find Your Fade by Andrea Mowry, with some sock weight skeins I had already. I am using 5 colours instead of 7 and I am going backwards after the 5th colour, so mine will be a find your fade and back again, hee hee.


Daniel O'Connell's beach in Derrynane.


Progress on my fade, the colours are blending perfectly and I can't wait to finish it.


A spectacular view from the top of Geokaun Mountain. This is why I love Ireland so much, I had sun and blue skies behind me, rain to my left and this to my right, Felt like I was on top of the world.


Kells Bay House and Gardens.


The sky rope bridge in Kells Bay, we all crossed it, though not everyone wanted to! 

So that was my week away in a few photo's, we packed a lot in, were extremely grateful for the weather and loved every moment.

Until next time

Happy knitting

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment