Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Tuesday, 18 October 2016

Crofthoose Hat

I finished my 'first' Crofthoose Hat by Ella Gordon! I see many more in my future, mostly because there are too many pretty colours and I'm still trying to perfect my colour choices for fair isle.


This time I went with superhero colours, you can see my incredible Hulk house just sitting there all quiet and serene beside Magneto house. No messing on that street, I can tell you.


The background colours worked out well, although in hindsight, I think the peach could have been a little punchier.


Before I blocked it, it did remind me of a circus tent, with the crown design, which gave me a giggle.


I also have some yarn left over, I think I may make the matching mitts to finish off the look, what do you think?


Until next time

Happy knitting

xxx




3 comments:

  1. I am having trouble with the crown decrease. Any tutorials online you know of? I have had to rip it out twice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Carrie, I will look to see if there are any tutorials. Are you using DPN's or magic loop with a circular? Sometimes, switching down to the DPN's can make it a little less fiddly. Is it your stitch count that is not working, or just the crown generally doesn't look right?

      Delete