Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Friday, 30 September 2016

Eloise cardigan & booties

Hello again! 


Yarn: Patons Extrafine Merino Aran
Needles: 5mm
Size: 12mnth+


The only amendments I made to the pattern, were to knit the sleeves in the round, so that there are no seams. No sewing at the end, whoopee! I knit 7 rounds of lace pattern for the sleeves and 10 for the body in total. It looks balanced enough to the eye, I'll try and get a photo of it on the baby just to see how the proportions work out. I also forgot to decrease my stitches before the garter stitch border, but no one knows, haha ;)



Yarn: Patons Extrafine Merino Aran
Needles: 5mm
Size: 12mnth+


I made some adjustments to the pattern, which I will be adding to the original and republishing. I started with a cast on of 14 stitches and did a stocking stitch rolled top instead of a folded ribbed cuff. The things that get invented when you almost run out of yarn! 


Sunday the 11th September was the first Roscrea Soapbox Race and the hubby was competing. There were a huge number of cars entered and I dutifully stood and took photos of all as they crossed the ramp. 


My Ruby Pi shawl is coming along nicely, on the second last tier, I may even make it with some lace weight and a similar needle size to see how fine and lacy it looks. I have just started the edging after using 6 and 1/4 of the 8 balls of Jameson Ultra I am using, so I hope that I have enough to go around the whole thing! It won't be huge when it's finished, but if it manages over 50" diameter I'll be happy. It will make a pretty lap blankie or travel blankie.

I'll see how far I can get with the edging this evening, I have almost 20 points of 96 completed already. Two or three days should see me finished and in the midst of a blocking frenzy, hee hee. 

Until then

Happy knitting

xxx







1 comment: