Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Monday, 16 May 2016

Lusna Part 4

I wrote this post earlier and then stupidy forgot to save it. I cannot believe I did that, it was a good post too :( Lesson learned.

Anyway, I am on the third side of the edging of Lusna and if I continue knitting at this rate, I could be finished in 4 to 5 days. Though that's unlikely, life usually gets in the way and as I am restricted to knitting in daylight it may take twice that. I don't mind, I have found that slow and steady with this yarn is best as it is a slippery divil to deal with (yes silk, I'm looking at you, for all your lustrous and shimmering beauty, you are a slick fish to wrestle with) and tinking back is a slow and painful process but still preferable to taking the needles out! Those silky loops just unravel before your eyes without even touching them, so if you are of a nervous disposition, use a lifeline. Unless like me, you are stubborn and refuse and like to live on the edge!


Now that the edging is progressing nicely I am excited to see this off the needles and on a blocking mat. I can't wait to see the scarf in it's entirety to be seen properly for the first time. The edging is small, only an 8 row repeat and I have it memorised now, though that doesn't stop me forgetting where I am in a daze of fatigue and eye strain.

I have barely uses 15g so far, I think, and you can barly feel the weight of it in your hand at all. Hard to imagine how many stitches have gone into it. Sitting on my lap it's just a little puff of air with strands of silky tumbleweed. I do believe it is almost as fine as a spider web. Creating is such a wonder.

So until next time

Happy knitting

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment