Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Saturday, 23 April 2016

Lusna Part 3

Lusna is taking shape. The near constant knitting is paying off but it also means I haven't lifted my eyes once to the television in over a month!


I have the first border completed and it took less than a week.


It's so much fun to watch the pattern emege. I planned it on paper but never knit a swatch, so I am seeing it complete and in one piece for the very first time. And I'm delighted.


I did have one near catastrophy a few days ago, I mistakingly pulled a needle out and left 40+ slippery silky stitches to undo before my eyes. It took over an hour, daylight and a furrowed brow to get them all back to where they should have been. It was a sweaty finger excercise, but I still haven't added a lifeline. I do like to knit on the edge!


I unzipped my provisional cast on without any issues yesterday and I have picked up and knit several rows of the second border now. By next week I'll be ready for the edging and vibrating with excitement as the finish line is so close.

Until then

Happy knitting

Xxx




6 comments:

  1. This is truly a work of art! Such fine yarn and intricate pattern; you are truly an artist. I'm excited to see it in its completed form. So beautiful....take care, Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pat, for all your kind words and encouragement, they really do keep me going :)
      Happy to say I'll be finished the second border today and can begin the edging tomorrow! I'm so excited :D

      Delete
  2. Looks beautiful )) what yarn are you using? ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.... just read about your "near catastrophe".... I'm so happy you were able to fixe it before it went too far! 💚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting! Yes, the yarn is Heirloom Knitting's new Ethereal Cashsilk. It's beautiful stuff, I'm really enjoying the experience, even though I was very nervous at the beginning!

      Delete
  4. This pattern is turning out just gorgeous. I hope someday you will offer the pattern. I will hope to knit this well someday!

    ReplyDelete