Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Necessary Knitting

Welcome dear readers and knitters. I am stuck in a quagmire at present, lethargy is sucking and leaching me of any motivation and I'm struggling in everything bar knitting. I would be lost without it.


I have gathered together some yarn for a few new projects, the Jamiesons Ultra above is planned for a Shetland Hap Shawl. Yes, it is that time of year again where I long for comfort knitting mixed with colours that make me happy. The Eesit White (shade 105) is for the centre and edging and the other six colours - Clyde Blue (shade 168), Seascape (shade 330), Heliotrope (shade 635), Atlantis (shade 715), Waterlily (shade 690) and Watersprite (shade 782). I may need to add another colour to the mix but I'll have a little root in my stash and see what other pretties I have and use that!


The next project, a smaller scale one, is for the Scallafield Handwarmers by Hazel Tindall that are in the Shetland Woolweek Annual 2015. I am using her original colours but I also plan to make a matching cowl with an alpaca liner to make it snug and comfy!


My Cockatoo Brae Cardigan by Kate Davies is moving along quite nicely, I have about an inch and a half to go before I begin the delightful fair isle yoke and I'm so excited. I'm so glad that the yoke is the last portion of the cardigan as it has spurred me on with the plain body knitting and every stitch has been a delight. I'm not sure I would be quite so enthusiastic if it had been the other way around!


I have also signed up to Kate Davies Seven Skeins Club and the first pattern was released last Friday. I wound my seven skeins, weighed them carefully and then set about trying to choose the very first colour combination. It nearly set my head on fire, all those beautiful colours, all coordinating so prettily, but I finally settled on Between Weathers and Yaffle.


Aren't they just the cutest and comfiest slippers you have ever seen?


They took three days to make at a reasonable pace and they fit so well I may never take them off.


Kate's new yarn Buachaile, is soft and wonderful to work with it. It also blocks well and I hope I will be wearing these lovely baffies for years to come.

Until then

Happy knitting

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, pretties! I love the colors of the shawl-to-be. They make me think of a sample ink package from Goulet Pens. Surely they've got a sample pack with those colours?

    Your mention of a quagmire makes me realize I've not seen daily blog posts from you on your writing challenge thingy .. and that I didn't realize it until now ... virtual hugs and a pot of tea of encouragment are heading your way!

    (And, thanks to a computer glitch, this comment didn't post when I thought it did, so I do see you've got a post on that further down in my blogroll. Yay!)

    My knitting is currently a gansey, with Latvian mittens waiting in the wings. I want more knitting time!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete