Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Monday, 5 October 2015

Creative Bootcamp Day 5

Welcome creative boot campers and readers to day 5!


I sketched and painted today with watercolour pencils. 


Very simple, no frills.


But I am rather pleased with how they turned out.


This is my favourite view from my house, though the trees and hedges are getting so overgrown now that I have to get down low to take the photo!


The fog still hasn't lifted, it's nearly half two now, so the sky is still pale grey with a hint of yellow.


It's making me sleepy and I long to curl up in a little cosy ball and hibernate for a little while.


My morning pages so far have been quite dark and twisty, yet my photos and sketches have been bright and fresh. I wonder at the contrast between the two, my inner self is struggling, my outer visage is bright and uncomplicated. Am I constantly at war with my two selves?


It's an interesting thought that warrants extra time.


I finished my morning pages with another haiku.

Guilt

Smothering love, it
crushes and desiccates, need
to forgive the self

1 comment:

  1. I really loved see the beautiful view outside your window. I love, love, love fog and rain and I moved from my beloved Seattle area to sunny, dry, hot southern California. I'll send you some sunshine if you can send me some rain - haha. I loved seeing your beautiful watercolors. I hope you're week is off to a great start :)

    ReplyDelete