Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Wednesday, 9 September 2015

Lauragh, Co. Kerry


We spent a very happy first family holiday in Kerry this year and I thought I would share some photo's of our little adventure.


Believe it or not, the weather was absolutely dreadful and we couldn't see the stunning scenery for the fog half the time we were there, but I had my camera on standby regardless so when the sky cleared and the sun peeped out, I went crazy taking photo's.


We travelled a lot, Kerry is a big county and every road has something on it to silence you with awe.


We even snuck into county Cork while as we were so close by and the photo above is of Bantry Bay.


We spent a very happy week on the road, we went as far as Mizen Head, Valentia Island, Ballinskellig, Killarney and Kenmare.


Kenmare has to be one of the prettiest towns I have ever been in. It's eclectic and cosy and even when the rain is seeping in through the back of your waterproof coat in the middle of July, you can smile and appreciate it's splendour!


We stayed in a small area called Lauragh, about 35 minutes journey from Kenmare.


The road to and from Lauragh is a spectacular sight as long as it's not raining.


We missed the views on the way down and got a spectacular fright the next morning when we realised the valleys and mountains we'd missed because they had been enshrouded in fog and mist.


It's like unwrapping an unexpected gift.


Regardless of the weather, we had a fantastic time and I think that Kerry still has more to give, so I will definitely be going back again.


I have a wildly romantic notion of the Atlantic ocean...hey that rhymes!


Hope you enjoy the scenery as much as I do!


Until next time...


Ciao

x

2 comments: