Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Monday, 4 May 2015

First Holy Communion Veil


We are inching steadily through May already, so with much fear and trepidation, I have put my Sealtainn Shawl into hibernation for a fortnight so that I can make my daughters Communion veil. 

It's going to be my Leggerissima Pattern with pale shell pink beads along the edging to make it slightly different. 



I have only spent a few days working on it but it is growing steadily and I'm already thinking of modifying the original pattern to shorten it as it will be for a child's head not an adults and I don't want want to make *that* much of a statement!


I have a small window of time in which to finish this piece as I have a deadline of the 10th June for my Sealtainn Shawl and I'm still working on the borders. I know I'm cutting it fine but I'm almost certain I'll be finished all on time.


I should have modelling shots after the 23rd of May, so I'm working with a little nugget of excitment as I knit!

Until then, happy knitting

xxx


4 comments:

  1. Do you have the Leggerissima pattern on your blog? I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula, Leggerissima is not yet published, it is in testing at the moment, but keep an eye on the blog and you'll here first about the pattern!

      Delete
  2. This is stunningly beautiful. Such fine yarn and intricate such pattern. I so admire your knitting skill. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lilly's Mom, I love the challenge of the fine yarn and needles!

      Delete