Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Thursday, 26 March 2015

Sealtainn Shawl part three

Good afternoon all! I've reached another milestone on my shawl today, I finished the first third of the borders and that can mean only one thing, a photo update. It is getting harder and harder to pin out as it has grown so much and I don't have enough slack on my needle cables, but I hope you can get a gist of the patterning and appreciate how pretty it looks.


Since the sun has finally decided to grace us with it's presence, I have also added a few photo's of the view from my house. It is extremely blustery today and the internal doors are rattling and chattering in the drafts and opening by themselves all morning. It's like living at Hogwarts!

                                    

I would like to link the RDS National Crafts Competition page for you here, as the call for submissions has been made for 2015 and you have until the 10th of June at 4pm to apply. This will be my fourth year to apply and I love the whole process, from designing, making the pattern, knitting and then submitting the piece. The real excitement starts when that's all done and you are sitting biting your nails, jumping every time you hear an email ping or the postman arrive. Those results are gold once you receive them.


So here is a corner of the shawl, as you can see I'm not using lifelines and *loving* every second of it. The borders are always so much fun to knit as you can see the pattern emerge row by row, so slowly, it's an agonising wait of pure love.


No mistakes so far, everything is moving along just as it should. The yarn is smooth with the tiniest halo and the needles glide like a hot knife through butter.


A sneak peak of what the pattern in the next section will look like! More photos and an update when I get that far. It took 16 days to complete the first part so hoping less than 20 will do this part!

Fingers crossed

Until then, happy knitting

xxx

6 comments:

  1. It looks buttery too. This is meant as a compliment, not an insult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The colour of the yarn is very Spring and buttery like, I have burnt sienna beads to add to the edging, so I think they will compliment it nicely :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my, words cannot explain how lovely this is! Such fine yarn and a beautiful pattern. It's truly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The pattern of the borders is really emerging now and I'm falling more and more in love with it every day. Really enjoying the whole process :)

      Delete
  3. Getting better with every row! I really like the subtle yellow colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think I am almost halfway there, the pattern will be gorgeous when it's all blocked out. The colour is lovely, like buttermilk!

      Delete