Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Thursday, 12 February 2015

Hello again!

Hello! I apologise most heartily for my absence over the past twelve months. I took a break, not from knitting, or taking photo's but from blogging in general, as my heart just wasn't in it.  I was consumed by other activities and I let the blog sit sulking in the background like a naughty toddler. I have missed it and have been planning my comeback for a few weeks now. In fact it was one of my new years resolutions. I have made a promise to myself now to rejig this baby and try for at least 4 posts a month or as many as I am inspired to write. Wherever the muse may take me, I am completely at her mercy. That and the toddler tantrums were hard to ignore.


In the future, I may include knitting, photography, baking, fountain pens, related notebook & stationery goodness and the odd handbag or leather post. I will try to label each post accordingly so that it is easy to navigate and find the pieces you most want to read. 

I have also added a 'contact me' button on the side bar, so if you want to get in touch with ideas or suggestions to improve, please do! 


What have I been up to for the past twelve months, I hear you roar? Since last January I have completed one fair isle cardigan, 9 pairs of socks (wow, as I type that I guiltily look at my feet and think, I need moreeeeeee sock prettiessss), one fair isle beret, 2 baby shawls, one pair of fair isle mittens, one lace cowl, 7 mini Christmas stockings, a pair of booties and a baby jacket. So not too shabby but quite poor in the shawl department considering I knit over ten in each of the previous two years. I may revisit these projects on the blog in the next few months if I am working on anything that shows slow progress. 


I hope you like the new look blog, feel free to comment or leave me a message and I will endeavour to get back to you as soon as I can.

I hope everyone is keeping well and I'll be back with news of an exciting new project in the next week or so.

Until then 

Slán abhaile

x

2 comments:

  1. How delightful to see a blog post from you! I must go peek at Ravelry to see if the Fair Isle you finished is the one I am remembering you as starting ... Westerwick, yes, and it's done! I just popped Ursula onto my Favorites list after seeing Lene Alve's version. What did you think of it?

    I am still being bitten by the 'don't waste time staring at a computer screen' bug more often and strongly than the 'you should dust off the blog' bug. I've been up to lots of knitting of delightful ilks, but few postable photos. My current 'me' project is a sock yarn blanket, which I think I shall work on until it is done. It's been my back-burner project since 2009, and I may as well move it to the front. That is, when I'm not doing projects for other people!

    By any chance are you a fountain pen-using lefty? That would be just TOO much in common.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for commenting :)
    Yes, I have seen Lene Alve's version of the cardigan and I think the colours are beautiful, two tone suits the pattern well I think!
    No, I.m right handed, but my son is left handed, so when he is old enough for his own fountain pen, I may come to you for advice. Glad you dropped by to have a look, hope you're enjoying your knitting projects :)

    ReplyDelete