Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Tuesday, 3 December 2013

Knitmas!

The excitement was palpable last week when the postman bipped his horn at me from the driveway!  What could this mean?  Bipping is the universally known postie way of telling you to open the door 'cause there's a parcel!!!


But I wasn't expecting anything.  I hadn't ordered anything, hubby hadn't mentioned any large items coming in the post.  Maybe postie was confused and had bipped prematurely?  I scampered to the door to unlock it all the while wondering frantically what it could be.  Maybe postie wanted to tell me off for having too much of a postal flow?  Was I making his job more difficult?  Were the addresses on my letters unreadable?  My head was about to burst with all the incrimination's zipping around it.


I needn't have worried, my postie is an angel and yes, it was a parcel for me!


Knitmas has arrived!  Woohoo....


I opened the box with shaking hands and was delighted to find individually wrapped gifts in snazzy paper and a card signed helpfully 'Guess Who' (I still don't know who it's from, but I have a super sleuth on the case!)


What a lucky girl I am, I received some yummy warming herbal tea and chocolates, a beautiful pair of handmade fair isle mittens in a glorious muted colourway that will just about go with everything, a Chiaogoo red lace circular needle in a size I didn't have already, shell buttons, fabulous golden yellow lace yarn and a needle holder.


I was spoilt.  And very happy to boot!


I am very grateful to my elf for putting together such a beautiful and thoughtful gift box, that was so tailored to me!  A lot of time and thought went into it and I love it all :)

Happy knitmas to all 

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Lindo seu blog...
    abraço
    Venha me visitar
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a lucky girl!
    Ready to wear and yarn to make your own while enjoying a little snack...

    Merry Knitmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete