Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Tuesday, 3 December 2013

Butterfly Kisses

I previously mentioned Knitmas in November and I'm happy to say that my parcel was posted off under cover of darkness (or maybe just an overcast afternoon) last Friday.  I was very excited, I had added to my parcel on a themed basis, so anything with Butterflies was added.

I had butterfly stickers, buttons, stitch markers, shawl pin and some chocolate and a magazine with patterns, all wrapped up with paper and sealed with a butterfly sticker.


I also made this pretty butterfly kisses shawl by Aino Haikala with beads by Debbie Abrahams in size 6.  It is such a clever and visually stunning shawl, I can't help but rave about it.


For a start it is knit in 4ply or fingering/sock, uses a largish needle (3.75mm) and has *rest rows*.  See I have your attention now!


Something this lacy and pretty surely is more complicated?


Nope :)  It's stocking stitch, uses decreases, yarn overs, beads and some minor cabling, but that's all there is to it.


So I urge you right now to put this pattern on your wish list and start mentally picking out yarns and beads, because it's truly beautiful.  In fact at some stage I'm going to knit one for myself.  The weight of the beads makes the shawl weighty so that is swishes deliciously when you wear it.


Sold yet?


I used Colourmart Extra Fine Merino 6/30NM (fingering weight) in a pretty light blue, with brighter sparkly blue beads.  As always the yarn is fantastic and soft and easy to work with and block.


Happy knitting

xxx

1 comment:

  1. It is stunning. Lovely combination of yarn and beads.
    Surprised it is n fingering weight yet still very delicate.

    ReplyDelete