Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Monday, 11 November 2013

November Ramblings

Being blasted with intense sunshine and then torrential rain falling in vertical sheets in five minute intervals is making me quite dizzy.

November has to be the most confused month of the year, never mind April, poor November has extremes of temper.  A soothing balm is in order I think...

I finished blocking and taking photo's of my Knitmas gift today.  I'm quite excited as the project turned out so much better than I could have hoped, it looks *fantastic* and I hope my giftee enjoys and wears it till it falls apart!  Unfortunately I can't show any pictures yet as the exchange doesn't happen until the beginning of December and it's all super secret shhhh.

If you are scratching your head in puzzlement, Knitmas is a Christmas Gift exchange through an Irish Knitters Twitter group (phew, that's a mouthful!), that is held every year beginning mid October.  We exchange gifts on December 1st and then post pictures on Twitter when we receive our parcels and try to guess who sent what.  We each have to make a gift, buy a gift, add something from our heaving stashes and add something sweet or savoury to nibble on.  It's really great fun and I'm mostly finished with my parcel so all I have to do now is buy some sweeties and arrange it all artistically in a parcel :)


What I can show you is the beginning of another Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmermann knit in some acrylic I bought in Aldi last time I went shopping.  I thought the colourway was pretty and since 2 new baby girls have been born in the last few weeks, it's the perfect gift.  I'll be making matching booties as well as long as I have enough yarn left over (there's no yardage on the ball band, strangely enough).


I'll leave you with a picture of a crocodile that the little lady made a week or so ago with some playdoh, I think the teeth are great :)

Until next time, 

Happy knitting

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment