Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Saturday, 4 May 2013

Such prettiness in a shawlette - Strawberries & Cream

I just had to share this pattern with you.  It's hot off the needles and I can honestly say, I could possible eat it, it's so delicious :)


It's Monique Boonstra's The 12th of Never Shawl, and it was such a sweet knit.  I had lots of different colours of Heirloom Knitting's Merino Lace in my stash left over from previous projects and I chose the Chinese Rose and Caramel colours for my version.


It was a very quick knit, even with 3mm needles and cobweb weight yarn, only 5 days work.


The crowning glory of the shawl is the heart motif, which is so adorable and pretty and screams 'LOVE'.


I had never made the motif before and needed a little help from YouTube to get the yarn overs just right.  The video tutorial I used is here.


All in all, I'm very pleased with it and the delicacy of it.  I need a super pretty dress and somewhere nice to go now to show it off!

Monique has lots more patterns to browse through here check them out, she has some stunning designs.

Happy knitting

xxx

3 comments:

  1. Alifeofherown5 May 2013 at 18:58

    You knit that in 5 days!! Incredible. Beautiful work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to the Heart Lace video, must try it out..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sasha,
    As an avid knitter I am aware of the fact that it isn’t easy to find a shop with a large selection of good quality wool at bargain prices that is reliable and offers fast delivery.
    I would like to invite you to have a look at my new website called Hannah’s WooLand:
    www.wooland.yarnshopping.com
    The yarn is up to 50% cheaper and I have a very large selection of wool and many special offers. The goods will be delivered very fast– usually in only 2 days.
    If you have any queries in relation to the above please do not hesitate to contact me at hannahswooland@gmail.com.
    Kind Regards,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete