Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Monday, 15 April 2013

Panda Fun!

Oops!


What a cute fluffy tail :)

This has been the most fun project I have made in a long time, from start to finish I was giggling to myself and having a whale of a time.  


It started with a Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmermann that I began with the intention of giving it to an expectant friend.  Unfortunately it came out very small (gauge people, check your gauge!!!) small enough for a premature baby and being the superstitious person I am, I decided that wouldn't do.


Instead, I had a brainwave and took out a toy panda that belongs to my daughter and had a little fashion show!  It fit perfectly so I thought I might make some more little clothes to match!


Before the evening was out I had embellished the jacket with pink glitter buttons and some crocheted flowers, made matching knickers, pinafore and rucksack.  My hands were aching, but something happy had awakened in me.  I was transported back to the days when I was a little one and I scoured the library shelves for craft books and borrowed and made do with any scraps I was given to make dolls and clothes and accessories for my toy menagerie!  Happy days indeed.  There was nothing better I liked than to create and clothe my belongings!


The backpack was the most fun as it literally made itself, once I cast on with a vague idea, the needles took on a life of their own and before I knew it I had a full functioning bag with a drawstring closure and button, all knit in one piece.


Panda seems to like her new outfit, she looks very comfy hiking amongst the rocks.


The feather and fan pinafore, knit in the round with matching pink glitter buttons and a heart motif on the bib.


The back of the jacket with coordinating flowers.


Panda taking a breather, I wonder does she have snacks in her backpack?


Sunning herself...

She does look well if I do say so myself.  The clothes are destined for a matching panda who's owner is celebrating her 5th birthday in a few weeks time.

Happy knitting

xxx


2 comments:

  1. Lóvely. Bright and shiny eh... sparkly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The birthday girl was very impressed with her new clothes :)

      Delete