Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Leggerissima

My super not so secret project is well under way now.  I have finished the body (it took 2 weeks and I'm pretty impressed with the speed I managed with the teeny tiny needles and thread, especially since both the kids and I were both sick for half of that time!)


As you can see the Heirloom Knitting Cashsilk in White Shine is not a bright white but a very soft silky white, bordering on ivory.  When it's knit up and blocked it looks white, but not Daz white :)

I'm using Hiya Hiya bamboo circular needles in 2mm/US 0 which are my second favourite 2mm needles.  Lot's of flex, smooth, warm, perfect point, excellent unkinked cable and the connection between the cable & needle is smooth and doesn't catch the fine yarn if you push gently in the stitches to move them over.  My very favourite 2mm needle is my Chiaogoo Red Lace which I am using on another project, but are PERFECT in every single way.  I am so in love with these needles :D  I may need to do a separate post on them!


I am purposely not going into too much detail, so bear with me, I will be ready to reveal shortly.

So keep watching!

Happy knitting

xxx


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, I still haven't pinned it out properly yet to see it in it's full magnificence, but now that I'm working an edging, I'm almost at the point of being able to do so :D Yippee :D

      Delete