I have reached the end of knitting the body of my Westerwick Cardigan! Imagine, all 11 colours, all knit into this wonderfully colourful tube :)
The pictures make it look so different, almost the way it is portrayed in the book, yet up close and in daylight it looks completely different, very green and pink.
So I did a 3 needle bind off across ALL the stitches over both shoulders and including the steek bridge stitches. I initially hit a stumbling block when I sat back and thought about this first, as I wasn't sure whether or not I should be doing each shoulder separately or together because I didn't know if it was ok to cut through this bind off row when I go to cut the front of the cardigan.
I asked on Twitter and on Ravelry and I received some replies all so wildly different that it became obvious that it is all personal preference whichever way you do it.
So for the cutting, eek!
As you can see from the violet coloured yarn, I made 2 crochet lines up each side of the middle steek stitches, so all I had to do was cut the bars in between.
So I did it! One sleeve opening secured and cut without any major mishaps :)
So I have picked up my stitches and begun the sleeve knitting in the round.
It will go fast, I can tell already, a third less stitches than the body of the cardigan and I'm decreasing already, whoohoo...
More pictures of the sleeve in situ when I have a few more rows completed.