Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Saturday, 11 August 2012

RDS National Crafts Exhibition, Dublin


Yesterday I was invited to the prize giving for the 2012 National Crafts Competition in the RDS in Dublin.

All four of us piled into the car and set off early (well, not as early as we had wanted, but my eyes were glued shut & wouldn't open come sunrise :)


We arrived just on time for the speeches and prizes, but then had to wait for the happy winners to disperse before I could take photo's of my beloved shawl that had made it into the exhibition.

My camera does not do it any justice, but my hubby never thought to bring his proper camera, so my point and shoot had to do it's best!


The exhibition is open to the public (for a fee) next week, through the Horse Show, August 15th to 19th, 10am to 5pm in the RDS Concert Hall, Merrion Road, Dublin.  My shawl will be for sale there.

There were many stunning works on display, the basketry and felting this year being my particular favourites, but I was disappointed to find that no knitted item won in the Knitting & Crochet category, but Macrame & Crochet.  

So I'm busily planning for next years entry...

Happy knitting

xxx

3 comments:

  1. I had the pleasure of seeing the shawl in person and it is breathtaking. Really beautiful. And I presume the pink dot is good news too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny, I'm thrilled you got to see it! The little pink dot is very good news, a wonderful lady bought my shawl and after speaking with her, I know she will get loads of wear out of it :)

      Delete
  2. Hey I know this is off topic but I ωaѕ wondeгing if уou knew of any wiԁgets I cοuld add tο my blog that automatісally tweеt my newest tωіttеr updates.
    I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    Also visit my webpage: http://www.maps.org/
    Feel free to surf my web blog fpy

    ReplyDelete