Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Ooh the excitement!

I just received some very exciting news and I was literally bursting like an overripe fruit to tell you all!

A rather innocuous looking white envelope dropped into the post box this morning from the Royal Dublin Society.  I opened with shaking hands - I knew what was inside, it was either very very good news or really really bad news...


Luckily, as you can probably already tell, it was really really good news!

I entered my Shetland Sampler Pi shawl into a National Craft Competition in May, in June I brought her all wrapped up delicately to the RDS to be judged (my poor baby) and now I find that she is deemed good enough on a National level to be exhibited at the Dublin Horse Show in August!

Unladylike squeal of unrestrained joy, lalala...


So if you are in Dublin during August and you fancy taking a peek for yourself at the wondrous crafty and artistic talent that this country has to offer, please drop in, I've listed the dates and times below:-

RDS Concert Hall, Merrion Road, Dublin
Friday August 10th from 10am to 5pm (free of charge to the public)
RDS Discover Ireland Dublin Horse Show August 15th to 19th (entry fee applies)


If you want to see a photo gallery of last years winners see here.

Happy days

xxx

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Is there judging at that show, too, or just exhibits? And will you go see it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes there is judging too, but I'm happy just to be exhibited! We are invited along to the ceremony in August, so we get to see all the winners pieces and the other lucky exhibitors like me :) Then it's open to the public!

      Delete
  2. Incredibly beautiful shawl! Congratulations and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. It's already a winner you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn, you're very sweet :)

      Delete
  3. Hearty congratulations from me too. I wish you all the best for the final judging, and will be interested to hear. Your shawl looks divine to me, so here's hoping. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, what wonderful news for you, and well deserved, your shawl is completely wonderful. Well done! Sorry to be late with congrats - a bit late on blog catch-ups this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies, it means a lot to me to have some cheerleaders! I'm in good company :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's brilliant. I'm not surprised, your knitting is so impressive and well made...beautiful shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I'm looking forward to dropping in to see your work of art in August. Thanks for the info that the Friday is free entry, by the way! All the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! I hope you have a great day out, there are usually some fantastic items on show, from furniture to jewellery, clothes to lace, I can't wait to see them:)

      Delete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! It deserves to be exhibited on a national level. Will you be publishing the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I have no plans really, it is Elizabeth Zimmerman's Pi shawl recipe with some patterns from Sharon Miller's Heirloom Knitting book. You can recreate it yourself if you have both books and my notes on my Ravelry page!!!

      Delete