Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Friday, 2 March 2012

Lamy Safari Love


I feel like I'm a little late to the party but I've just received my first Lamy Safari Fountain pen in the post today and I'm in love :)

I initially found that when I was researching journals and notebooks that each post or article had some mention of a Lamy fountain pen in it.  People collect pens, they collect notebooks, they may have many in the quest for the 'perfect' one, and I noticed that most favoured the Lamy.

So now I am a proud owner of one.  Laughably, when I looked up the website, the Safari is listed under 'young writing'.  Maybe I really am young at heart!

It's inexpensive (I refuse to say cheap as it neither looks nor feels it), made of ABS plastic, has a flexible chrome clip, ink window and a shaped front for ease of writing.  It glides beautifully (I have the medium nib, which can also be changed).  It can also be converted from cartridge to filling system.  I'm really enjoying using it.

Happy writing 

xxx


3 comments:

  1. We both love fountain pens? Hmmmm. I've got a Lamy AlStar -- I think I need to wean myself off Noodler's Pasternak ink, though, because it doesn't agree with my pens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fountain pens, I have several, a beautiful heavy cross one and some parkers, but the Lamy is a really smooth light writer, it's lovely! How do you like the AlStar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the club, I am also a late entrant, bought one just last year

    ReplyDelete