Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Juicy Danish Tie Shawl & finished birthday presents


I've  lost a little of my knitting groove lately.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but I'm tired and over thinking things.  Maybe it's time for a break.  Or maybe I need a huge daunting project to get my teeth into!  I find that knitting usually helps with when you are feeling low, but lately I'm sinking a bit and I can't understand it.  Maybe it's my garter stitch extravaganza, too much brain time to think while knitting all of that.  Just as well I have lots of difficult lace lined up!

On a positive note I finished my mothers birthday present and I plan to drop it over to her tomorrow.  I really hope she likes it, I'm throwing in some homemade (not by me!) turkish delight to soften the blow, if she doesn't!  Though the Colourmart cotton cashmere 50/50 was beautiful and soft and gorgeous to work with, I used quite a large needle so the edges were not as structured as I would have liked.  The stole is beautiful on, and feels divine but I think I was a little unhappy with the edging.  In the end I crocheted around the entire rectangle to give it a little more structure and it seems to have helped a bit.  I still have almost half the cone left, so I really don't know what else I could make with it.

I'm also about halfway through my Juicy Danish Tie Shawl.  The colours are just so delicious looking, they remind me of opal fruits (refuse to be drawn into the stupid re branding of products - bring back Marathon bars!).  It was suggested to me to use a Fibonacci sequence for my stripes and I did, wow was I surprised at how gorgeous it turned out!

No other news, I'm off now to put the finishing touches to my Agnes design so that I can start a nice tricky lace project before my head explodes!

Happy knitting!

4 comments:

  1. Your mother will be delighted I think!
    As a "brainer" a Shetland lace jacket or sweater like in the new Rowan 49 magazine could be appropriate. It offers a lot of variety and it is nice to see Shetland lace used otherwise than in a shawl...
    Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good point! I think I have shawlitis! A lovely lace jacket sounds beautiful, I would really wear that, thanks for your lovely suggestion, off to see what I can find now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm the one with the satchel that you commented on awhile ago - I just moderated that comment, sorry it's so late! Anyway I saw you had a blog so I came to look, and WOW what a lovely shawl! I knit, but I've been too busy lately and the only shawl I've made was a plain rectangle one that I gave to my Mom. I'd love to make a triangle shawl someday. Such wonderful colors, lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! How are you and your gorgeous satchel getting on?

    ReplyDelete