Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Saturday, 5 February 2011

Natural Cape completed at last!

I decided to post a little earlier than usual this week as sadly, my grandmother passed away last Thursday, and I will be away at the funeral on Monday & Tuesday.  It is very sad, her birthday would've been on the 22nd of this month and she would have been 82.  I will miss her a lot, but I hope she's at peace now and no longer in pain.

So it has been a sad and thoughtful few days where I have been knitting away to keep my hands busy and to try and keep normality going for the kids.  I hate to break their innocence with the world and I'm only answering any questions as they come up.  I don't want them to be frightened.  Life is very strange, we all ignore the fact that there is an end to it and only acknowledge it when it stares us in the face.  It's an odd coping mechanism!

I did manage to finish and block my cape and I'm very happy with it, it will keep me warm and cosy over the next few months both indoors and outdoors. I will try and get some outdoor photo's done but the weather has been stormy and dark over the past few days.

I'll be back the week after next with some more news and chat.

Keep knitting!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment