Foggy Sunset

Foggy Sunset
Photo by Aisling Doonan

Sunday, 28 February 2010

Oops, where have I been?






Hello again! I have to blame my lack of posts to my pure laziness! Of course I am lacking in Internet connections at home so I have to beg, borrow and steal to use the Internet! So what have I been up to? Well I'm currently in the midst of creating my first shawl pattern. The shawlette is knit and used and I am trying (a little unsuccessfully) to get it written up. It will take a lot of false starts and cursing before it's ready. The Aylesbury shawlette is on my Ravelry.com project page if anyone fancies a look.

I am also half way through my Unst Bridal shawl which is turning out quite beautiful. I'm making it in Jamieson & Smith Optic White cobweb and it's very fine. I think I should finish the borders in the next three weeks and then I'm giving myself about three weeks for the edging, maybe less.Then I'm spoilt for choice with my next project, I have the Wedding Ring shawl, The Queen Ring shawl, of course my beloved Princess and then the Melanie shawl. I have yarn for all bar the wedding ring shawl where I have swatched in Cashsilk, silk gossamer, merino gossamer and cotton gossamer. I'm not sure which I'll go with. So I think I have enough work to keep me out of trouble for the next 2 to 3 years. That's not including the next two shawlette patterns I have swimming around my head. Getting them written down is the problem. Till next time, ciao

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a beautiful shawl pattern! I've started knitting the Aylesbury shawlette a couple of days ago and I could use your advice: I've just finished knitting pattern A and moved on to pattern B but I can't get the stitch count to match. First I thought there was just one yarn over missing but the problem has persisted. Would you have a suggestion what I could be doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete